Wednesday, December 16, 2009

New York, New York

It's not getting much press, and it should. It is ignored by the lamesteam...err mainstream media, and it shouldn't. It is the Manhattan Declaration. People are busy talking about health care reform, and they should be since it will socialize our country. The declaration can be found here...

http://www.manhattandeclaration.org/

It is a call of Christian Conscience, and in a nutshell states,

"We are Orthodox, Catholic, and evangelical Christians who have united at this hour to reaffirm fundamental truths about justice and the common good, and to call upon our fellow citizens, believers and non-believers alike, to join us in defending them. These truths are:
  1. the sanctity of human life
  2. the dignity of marriage as the conjugal union of husband and wife
  3. the rights of conscience and religious liberty."
I have said in past posts. I am a religious man. I love God, and what He has done for all of us. I can support this declaration for the most part. I struggle with #2, as I have also said in former posts. None the less, let's break this down and see what this declaration is saying, and how this group could change the way the country thinks if they receive enough support.

1. The sanctity of human life. Yes all you P.E.T.A. treehuggers are going to have to take a seat, they don't care about Bambi or Thumper. This is a kinder way of saying, "Anti-abortion." I support this with all my heart. With the exception of emergencies, people should not be allowed to get an abortion. There are people out there willing to adopt your baby. I know what you are going to say, there are over half a million children in foster care, which just shows that we need more people willing to help. Just because there are a lot of children looking for a good home, does not mean we need to start eliminating life. Someone call all the celebrities that think it is cool to adopt a foreign child, and tell them to buy American.

3. I know I skipped #2, but in order for me to prove my point, I have to discuss #3 first. The rights of conscience and religious liberty. Liberty is just another word for freedom. You are free to consciously believe what you want and what god you want. Not only does the declaration say it, so does that little thing we call the constitution. You can not force people to believe what you do, or bow down before the Lord Jesus Christ, no matter how hard you try.

2. The dignity of marriage as the conjugal union of husband and wife. Contradiction alert! I have said in the past that this does not bother me. People will remain who they are, and love who they love whether they are able to marry or not. The contradiction here is #3 says people have the liberty of religion. The husband and wife idea, which is a politically correct way of saying man and woman, comes from the views of religion. It is sinful to be be a homosexual according to the Good Book, and you are to only marry the opposite sex. You can not have it both ways, where people are free, but you restrict them through your own religious beliefs. They will still live with each other, still love each other, and still hold hands in public. So allowing them to marry will not change a thing. Only God can judge mankind. Quit trying to do His job for Him. In America people are free, so let them be.

As of this writing, only 297,426 people have signed this declaration. A drop in the bucket by American standards. A lot more people believe in what is being said here, but I think they can't get past the marriage part, or they just don't know it exists. The lamestream media will not talk about such a religious stance against the direction of our country. I only found out about it myself when the Father at my church discussed it. The actual Manhattan Declaration is way too long to attach, and I gave you the cliff notes. I recommend you use the link to read the whole thing, and please sign it if you support the cause. Very powerful religious people began this movement, and with what is happening to our country right now, we need these people to help us as much as they can. So we will need to help them. I will try to get past the marriage part.

No comments:

Post a Comment