First and foremost, I need to apologize for being gone for so long. I had been ill for the last couple months, and it has kept me from pushing forward in the fight for freedom. The time has come. The anger is back. The fight must go on. Our government continues to try to push our country down the road they seem fit. They have continued to ignore the voice of the people. I have said it before and I will say it again, the government works for us. We do not work for them. They have forgotten that. Some of the American people have forgotten that. If you don't stand up and tell everyone you see that We the People are in charge of this country, not the government, then we will continue to lose control. Our elected officials must remember that they are there to serve us. Our forefathers wanted us to decide what is best for us, not the government. Washington thinks we are all unable to make our own decisions, decide what is the best course of action for ourselves, and our children. They have already made a decision for my four children, and all of yours. They have decided to force them to pay for a deficit that grows more each day. Our children are owned by China thanks to our bailout bills. This is not only about us, it is about our children, grandchildren, great grandchildren etc. I recently read a book by Glenn Beck called "Glenn Beck's Common Sense." I want you to buy the book, borrow it from a friend, go to the library, whatever it takes to get your hands on it. Then read the first couple pages. Make sure to read all of the Introduction. It will most likely explain to you who you are, were, or will be. Its a short book, and I read it in a day. I don't always agree with Mr. Beck, but I have nothing but respect for him. This is a fine piece of literature. And you need to read it. Our Constitution continues to be used as toilet paper by the people we pay to defend it. You may or may not want Universal Health Care. From the looks of all the town hall meetings, it would appear that a lot of people do not. Do not let Congress decide for you. Tell your elected officials that not only do you want to see the bill so that you know everything that is in it, you want to know how it will be paid for. And then tell them you want the issue placed on a ballot. Let the American people decide if this is what we want. After all, the government is overstepping their boundaries by trying to pass such an act. The can't efficiently run Medicaid, Social Security, the entire State of Illinois, their own checkbook, and retirement funds without going into the red. What makes us think they will do anything different with our health care. It is not the governments job to baby us. I have said in the past, too many people have a false sense of entitlement. You are not guaranteed anything in this life except what the constitution guarantees. You want a cell phone, money for food for the rest of your life, and a nice home? Use one of the many programs we have already to further your education, get a job, and work for it like the rest of us do. The pursuit of happiness means you must pursue it. It will not come on a silver platter for you. Don't get me wrong, people should be granted aid in a time of need. But it needs to be short term and there needs to be motivation for them to better themselves. How did this country get so lazy? Why do we keep letting the government have more control? The only way to change things for the better is to force the laws to be changed. Term limits for every elected official throughout the country. I don't care if that person is a road commissioner; two terms and pack your bags! We need to hold elected officials responsible for their words and actions. Lie to us on the campaign trail, get elected, and then stick a knife in our back? Your out, fired, terminated! If I went to work and lied to my bosses (after all that is what you are, the government's boss) I would be fired before I finished the sentence. When you say your going to do something to the people who pay you...do it! The tea parties are nice and are bringing the right attention, but they are not changing a thing. It is time for all of us to make a plan for change and execute it. We need to root the corrupt, ethically challenged people out of our government and tell them never again! This is our lives, our children, our country. We will not stand by and let the government control us any longer. Glenn Beck has asked us to ask everyone we know the following questions. Answer them yourselves and then share it with everyone you know. My answers are in red.
1. Do you trust those in power to always tell you the hard truth - especially if it would hurt them at election time? No
2. How is it possible that every president since Jimmy Carter has promised to lower our dependence on foreign oil, but now we import more oil than ever from countries that do us harm? Because it is not about We the People, but about big business getting what they want.
3. Are we to honestly believe that a country that took the idea of man walking on the moon and turned it into a reality within eight years, or the country that built a transcontinental railroad in seven years (without power tools or machines) doesn't have the ability to completely build the 670 mile fence along the southern border that was promised in 2005? If our govenment really wanted this fence done. It would be already.
4. Why are the same politicians who insist America is a "melting pot" the first ones to insist that different races, nationalities, and ethnicities retain their distinct languages, identities, and practices? For more votes. If you want to be American, embrace America!
5. Why are the people who respectfully question global warming mocked and condemned? Because it is against the view that is beheld at the time. Science from both sides must be heard, so We the People know what we are up against.
6. Do you believe that your elected representatives view themselves as truly being "public servants" who place your well being above their own? I think they look at us as the servants, as they continue to get rich off of us and big business.
7. Do you believe that those in Washington see your face when they make decisions or, instead, the faces of those who richly contribute to their campaigns?
8. Do you believe that our "public servants" have your best interests at heart and will defend your life, liberty, and property? I don't think they see a face at all, except for Ben Franklin's face from the $100 bill.
Depending on how you, and the people you ask, answer those questions you are one of three things. One of us who is tired of being kicked around by a corrupt, greedy, government. One of them, who like a bigger government than what the founding fathers had in mind. Or the third class, one who is clueless on the issues at hand and need to be waken up to see how far off course we have gotten. Thomas Jefferson said it best, "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." The government does not fear us, and never will until we unite, raise our voices and demand change. Join me in the fight to set America free. Share your ideas with me, and everyone else. But lets not just talk, lets act.